Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blogging with Gabby



Hi, I'm Gabriella Bradley and will attempt to make this blog post interesting. I'm a horrible blogger. Never know what to say or what to write about!

I'm a romance writer and I write most genres, but I specifically like writing paranormal and science fiction. I've been a writer my whole life but didn't seriously write for publication until much later in life. Blogging about myself would make for a boring blog, so I'll blog about my books.

The Samsara Chronicles was an exciting project that kept Diana Kemp and me busy for years. We wrote, revised, edited, re-wrote. And I'm sure if we tackled it again, there would be things we'd want to change. Is a writer ever satisfied with the end product? I don't think so. I've talked to many writer friends and they say the same. I've learned not to read my books anymore once they're published. If I did, there would be no end to revisions and my publisher and editor would disown me.

My latest work went up for sale recently at eXtasy Books. It's a soft science fiction romance and it is doing rather well at eXtasy Books, I'm pleased to say. I mention this because like many an author experiences, some of my books have bombed. It's tough in the publishing world today. All you have to do is look and see how many new releases there are at Amazon/Kindle. In the last 30 days, Kindle has released 53,614 new titles. Wow! That's what we compete against. In fiction, 21,690. Over a period of 90 days, Kindle released 62,802 books. That's a lot of books to compete against. So what do we write that stands out? I haven't got a clue. I just write what the muse tells me and hope the finished product sells a few.

My latest release is Toxic Haven. This is the blurb:

Haven Drew is about to blow the whistle on a genetically damaging by-product of the Dahkhar Mining Corporation when she is thrust from her safe white-collar life into the mine itself.

Her analytical skills are used by the very corporation that she wanted to expose and lives are placed in her hands and in front of her guns, daily. Trapped in a vortex of rage and shame she is confronted by two familiar faces, and they are being housed in her cell. Josias and Isan were investigating the disappearance of personnel at the Corporation headquarters when they were relieved of their duties and assigned to positions working in the mine.

It might not be love at first sight, but biology is powerful and with her mates at her side, there is nothing that they can't do. Risking life and limb isn't an ideal honeymoon but they manage to work together toward their goal of launching themselves into space and to a colony infected by disaster. How romantic can you get? (Adult content).

I have quite a few other projects on the go but finding time to write is not always easy, though I do try to write whenever I can. Life has a habit of interfering and my regular job keeps me too busy.

Project K, available at eXtasy Books and Kindle, is another recent release and I'm working on book 2 for that one.

What else can I tell you? I love to hear from readers, so fire questions at me... My email is: gabriellabradley@gmail.com

Check out Gabby's interview of her series THE SAMSARA CHRONICLES and stand to win awesome giveaways!


1 comment:

Kristy said...

Great interview! I have to admit that I have an extremely unhealthy love affair with Cheetos! They're just such a yummy treat while watching television! Thanks for the giveaway!

kliu107 (at) gmail (dot) com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...