Book Interview on February 2011
Hi PC, welcome to The Romance Reviews and thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
Q: When you decided to write another book in your Goddess series, what made you choose the legend of Arthur, Guinevere and Lancelot?
All of the Goddess Summoning books touch on retelling my favorite myths or legends. I've loved stories about Camelot since I was a little girl and saw the Lerner and Loewe musical, so it just seemed like a natural fit to return to King Arthur and his realm.
Q: Isabel was a great character to get to know and one of the things I love most about your series is that you choose your heroines to be somewhat older and more mature than what's generally shown in other books. Was there a particular reason why?
There are a couple of reasons I prefer to create romance heroines who are older:
1) It has been my life experience that women get more interesting and attractive as they get older.
2) I don't like the TSTL heroines (Too Stupid To Live), and those tend to be 20-somethings. In fiction and in real life, they're coming off as wise and experienced, but the opposite is often the truth. I mean, seriously, when I was 20-something, I made the stupidest decisions of my life, even though I thought I was being uber-smart and mature. Ugh, not hardly!
3) I believe it empowers all women when we respect and revere those who are older, instead of discounting them because of a few laugh lines and gray hair.
There are 3 copies of GODDESS OF LEGEND to be won! Only residents of US/Canada are eligible to win.
Mechanics of the contest:
You can do either or both of the following to enter the drawing:
1. Write a comment or question to PC in the comment box on the review site (3 chances to win) from now to February 28; [Click here]
2. Check out our contest page from February 1 to 9 to enter your email address (1 chance to win). [Click here]
The winner will be announced in the comment box and on this blog in March.