Monday, February 15, 2010

Random Thoughts: The Dearth of Lawyer Books

No, this does not refer to books on law, which we know there are a lot, if you'll just take a look at that particular section in the bookstore. I'm referring to lawyer romances, where either the hero or heroine or both are lawyers and their story revolves around a law case or their practice as lawyers. Okay, The Firm by John Grisham comes to mind, but it's not a romance, so it doesn't count.

I did a research in my library and in Amazon and I came up with only a few books that I'm interested to read. These are:

1.  Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James (contemporary) - I've got this book! Review coming soon!

2.  Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James (contemporary) - Yup, got this too! Review coming soon.

3.  Ties That Bind by Kathryn Shay

4.  Lawyers in Love by Shawn Lane (contemporary M/M)

5.  Tell No Lies by Julie Compton (contemporary) - I don't think this is a romance per se, since the hero is a lying, cheating jerk, but a reader's endorsement makes me want to read it. By the way, in case you're wondering, "courtroom drama" are the magic words.

There's a Harlequin I remembered reading, where the main characters are on opposing sides, but I forgot the title, sorry. Oh yes, there's also this series by M.J. Rodgers where, although the main characters are lawyers, there's no courtroom drama involved, and I want courtroom drama. Pleeeease. Maybe I should go watch Boston Legal. No, I haven't watched it yet. I've always been more of a bookworm than a couch potato.

Anyone's got any recommendations?

2 comments:

Silver @ TRR said...

Oops. Recommendations.... John Grisham?

Silver @ TRR said...

Practice Makes Perfect is great! Love the witty banter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...