Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Dark Side: Aline Hunter

The Dark Side aims to shed light on that deep, dark, mysterious side of an author, a face that she rarely, if ever, shows to the public. What secret is she hiding behind that enigmatic smile on her official photo (if any)? what juicy tidbit is she keeping from the world? What are some of the things that she liked, things we would never know, because it's not part of her bio?

Today, we have with us ALINE HUNTER, author of ETERNITY AND A DAY, who regaled us in a previous post with some fun facts about her book and an exclusive excerpt.

Remember, think dark, dark, dark...

Do you believe in ghosts and supernatural phenomenon? Have you ever had a close encounter? Do tell us about it.
I live in Alabama, near Huntsville, and the historic Maple Hill Cemetery is a place I visit often. The entire area is steeped in ghost stories. Since I was a child, I’ve been told about the ghosts and legends of the area, and I’d have to say that I believe many of them.

As for a ghostly encounter -- when I was nine or ten years old, my cousin’s grandfather passed away. We went to the funeral, came back to house where the family had gathered, and as the children waited on the porch a balloon floated into the yard and got stuck in the bushes. Of course, we all ran over since there was nothing to do. It wasn’t until we flipped the balloon over and saw “I Miss You” on the front that we freaked out and went looking for an adult.

Was it a coincidence? Perhaps. But I’ve never forgotten it.

What is the most romantic thing your husband/SO/date has done under the cover of darkness?
He always lets me hold the light source in a blackout -- be it a candle or a flash light. I can’t tell you how much trust that implies. At any time I could shut it off, take off running, and leave him to fend off whatever it is that exists in the dark. Because we all know that the person with the light always makes it out alive, right? *grin*

What movie featuring dark themes did you enjoy the most? Why?
The Crow with Brandon Lee. The idea of loss, revenge, redemption, and finding peace is something I’m incredibly drawn to.

What television series featuring dark themes did you enjoy the most? Why?
Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It was dark in that the themes were ones that people could relate to. After all, the things that can hurt us most are not necessarily monsters under the bed or inside our closets.

What dark-themed books do you enjoy and would recommend? Why?
Anything by the master of horror, Stephen King. I can’t think of a single book of his I haven’t enjoyed in some way, even if I didn’t “love” the story. He knows how to tap into those deep, dark recesses of the mind.


Lightning Round.

white or dark chocolate : White
milk or coffee : Coffee
night or day : Night
coke or 7-up : Coke
New York cheesecake or black forest cake : New York Cheesecake
vampire or werewolf : Werewolf
football game or candlelit dinner : Football Game
ebook or print : Ebook
spring or autumn : Autumn
sweet or salty : Salty
kitten or puppy : Puppy
cook or take-out : Cook

Aline Hunter's ETERNITY AND A DAY is now available at Loose Id (ebook). This title is also included in the list of giveaways for our ongoing contest.

Aline Hunter's other titles (under her other pseudonym, J.A. Saare):

Crimson Moon
Dead, Undead or Somewhere in Between

8 comments:

Jeremy said...

What a great interview! I'm going to check out some of her books. Thanks you guys for introducing us to this new author.

gamistress66 said...

thanks for another fun interview :)

Darlyn said...

I wish I can enjoy Stephen King but I always chicken out to read his book!

jeanette8042 said...

Great interview and loved Buffy too, wish it was still on.

doreen lamoureux said...

Excellent post. I haven't read any of her books but I will check them out now. Thanks.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

Erotic Horizon said...

I get you on the cemetry thing - I grew up walking through cemetries daily...

I never get the fear that people have for that place...

Alot of our history rest there..]

:)

Carol L. said...

Another great interview. Will go check out this new to me Author and her books. Thank you.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Double Your Dating said...

This is my second Cari Quinn book, and I loved how she brought the characters from her previous novel, (Full Disclosure) into EX APPEAL. This book is not only a wonderful erotic read, it also has a wonderful love story, full of emotion, steam and tenderness. Her sensual scenes are well written and her characters well drawn out. Well done, Cari! Looking forward to more Hunk du Jour books

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...