Thursday, October 7, 2010

THE DARK SIDE: David Bridger

The Dark Side aims to shed light on that deep, dark, mysterious side of an author, a face that she rarely, if ever, shows to the public. What secret is she hiding behind that enigmatic smile on her official photo (if any)? what juicy tidbit is she keeping from the world? What are some of the things that she liked, things we would never know, because it's not part of her bio?

Today, we have with us DAVID BRIDGER, author of BEAUTY AND THE BASTARD, whose book we've reviewed here. And we apologize to David, because this post should've gone up ages ago...

What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
Having spent two years paralysed with my every need being met by successive shifts of nurses, and then several more years at the mercy of medics while I regained mobility, I'm pretty much immune to physical embarrassment. Emotional embarrassment, though, is a different matter. I once made a professional mistake at sea that nearly cost two men their lives. I fixed it immediately, and they lived, but they wouldn't have required rescuing if I hadn't let my concentration wander for a moment. My belly still fills with hot shame when I remember that day.

Imagine that for some reason, your lights suddenly went out! What would be the first thing you’d do or say?
Do: Roll eyes.
Say: Shit.

What is the most romantic thing your SO has done under the cover of darkness?
Woke me to make gentle love, early on the January morning of the day I had to go away to war.

Who is your favorite dark character? Why?
Bram Stoker's Dracula, as played by Gary Oldman. I've always loved the book, especially my copy with its gorgeous pen and ink drawings, and never expected to love it as much on the screen. But the film is (whisper this) ...even better.

What dark-themed books do you enjoy and would recommend? Why?
Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series. Books 1,2 and 3 were released back-to-back this summer, with more to come next year. They held me spellbound. This is simply the best urban fantasy I've ever read.

Lightning Round.

white or dark chocolate : dark
milk or coffee : coffee
night or day : night
coke or 7-up : coke
New York cheesecake or black forest cake : black forest cake
vampire or werewolf : werewolf
football game or candlelit dinner : candlelit dinner
ebook or print : both
spring or autumn : autumn
sweet or salty : salty
kitten or puppy : puppy
cook or take-out : take-out

Check out David's website: http://www.davidbridger.com/

And his debut paranormal Beauty and the Bastard.

6 comments:

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

That was a great interview!!
Gary Oldman's Dracula is my fave portrayal of Dracula too!!!

doreen lamoureux said...

Glad to know about an awesome new book. I love finding new reads. Great post. Thanks.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

Pam S (pams00) said...

thanks for sharing the great interview. Sounds like a great read.

pams00 @ aol.com

Toni Anderson said...

Congrats on your release, David. You are a brave man to admit your mistakes. We all make them. :)

Carol L. said...

Hi avid,
I look forward to reading your book as well as meeting a new Author. I also loved Gary Oldman as Dracula. For me it was the best .
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Erotic Horizon said...

Wonderful interview..

Lovely to meet you David - I am not a fan of fallen angels books - but I love your poetry

I thought Planting for Spring is just so heart felt and quite sad but full of strength...

Will you be doing any contemporary stuff?...

Thanks girls for the intro...

E.H>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...