Friday, July 23, 2010

Exclusive Peek: Two Lovers for Molly by Lynn LaFleur


 


When I came up with the idea for Lavender Lace, it was to be one long novel with the three heroines’ stories woven together. My editor at Ellora’s Cave suggested I write three books instead so each of the heroines could have their own story. I thought that was an excellent idea. 

Two Lovers for Molly was supposed to be a short novella, barely 25,000 words, to wrap up the series. Molly, Julian and Lane decided I couldn’t tell their story is so few words. My book ended up almost twice as long as I’d originally planned. There had to be more backstory, more plot, and definitely more sex. I listened to them (doesn’t every author listen to her/his characters?) and they were right. I’m very proud of how Two Lovers for Molly turned out. I hope my readers enjoy it. 

Exclusive Excerpt:

He laughed again, enjoying their banter. He watched her take a long sip of her latte. “Why didn’t you call me?”

Her gaze flew back to his. Slowly she set her mug back on the table. All evidence of humor disappeared from her face. “I wanted to see you again first, to make sure…”

He waited, but she didn’t complete her sentence. “To make sure of what?”

She hesitated for several moments. “To make sure you’d really come back here.”

“Did you think I wouldn’t?”

“Julian, you’re a hunk. I don’t usually attract men as handsome as you.”

“I don’t believe that.” He looked at her hair, her face, her breasts, then back into her eyes. “I thought you were pretty the first time I saw you and you’re even more so today. Your hair is different, and your makeup. You look…hot.”

Her smile returned, this time with a touch of embarrassment. “A gal can’t ask for a better compliment than that.”

Pushing aside his cup, he reached across the table and laid his hand over hers. “Have dinner with me tomorrow night.”

“I’d like that,” she said softly.

He rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand, savoring her soft skin. A scattering of freckles on her hand matched the ones on her nose and cheeks. He wondered if she had freckles all over her body. “We can go out, or you can come to my place. I’m a great cook.”

It delighted him to see the humor return to her eyes. “Frozen dinners your specialty?”

He chuckled. “Actually, my mom is Italian and she taught me how to cook. I can whip up dishes that are so good they’ll make you cry.” He slid his thumb over her hand again. “Would it make you uncomfortable to come to my apartment?”

She shook her head. “Not at all.”

“Do you have any paper and a pen?”

Molly dug in her tote again and produced the items he requested. “I’m still unpacking stuff,” he said as he wrote his address on the paper. “I don’t start my new job until Monday, so hopefully I can get my place organized before you come over tomorrow.”

“I don’t mind if there are boxes stacked around.”

I mind.” He handed the paper and pen back to her. “Do you still have my cell number?”

She nodded.

“How about six-thirty? We can have a glass of wine, then eat about seven.”

“That’ll be perfect. I get off work at five.”

Julian glanced at his watch. “Your friends should be here shortly, so I’ll go. Will you be here tomorrow morning?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll see you then.”

She smiled. “Okay.”

He picked up his trash and headed for the door, glancing over his shoulder at her twice before he reached the exit. He liked how quickly he and Molly had clicked. That had never happened to him with a woman. Usually it took time to find out if he wanted to get to know a woman better. A few minutes with Molly and he knew for sure that he wanted more time with her.

A lot more time.


Summary from Publisher's Website:

Third in the Lavender Lace series.
A chance meeting with Julian Forrest changes author Molly Ross' mind about her bad luck with men. Julian is not only gorgeous, but intelligent and charming.

Julian loves Molly's sexy underwear. It makes his mouth water every time they make love. In less than a week, he knows he's falling in love with her. Then Lane Edison comes back into Julian's life. Despite being apart for a year, one kiss from the handsome man and Julian tumbles. He wants both Molly and Lane, but doesn't know how that can happen...until he reads a threesome scene in the book Molly is writing.

Molly loves Julian, yet feels an instant attraction when she meets Lane. Discovering the two men were once lovers is a huge turn-on. When Julian suggests a menage a trois, she's more than willing to let the two men fulfill her fantasy.

Available now from Jasmine Jade (ebook).

Note: This title is included in the list of giveaways for the ongoing contest.

10 comments:

doreen lamoureux said...

Big Wows. I love this. It is certainly on my list. Thanks.

dorcontest at gmail dot com

Maria D. said...

This sounds like an interesting book series to read. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

The book sounds great. Would love to add it to my TBR pile.
JOYE
JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

gigis said...

Can't wait to read this it sounds wonderful!
gigi

gigis0426@gmail.com

Carol L. said...

Sounds like a great read. On my TRL for sure.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Unknown said...

We're so lucky to have this exclusive excerpt from the author. Thanks a lot, Lynn!

Kaetrin said...

thx for posting the excerpt, the story sounds interesting... must go investigate..

Mindy said...

Hi Lynn :)
The excerpt and the blurb are great. Definitly at the top of my TBR list!

Mindy :)
Birdsooong@aol.com

Anonymous said...

The blurb had me hooked. This is at the top of my to read pile :)!

Pam S

Unknown said...

Love it, am adding to my list :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...