Thursday, July 15, 2010

REVIEW: Wicked Temptation by Liane Gentry Skye


ISBN 9781603103343
Series: Three Kinds of Wicked, Book 1
Genre: Erotic Romance
(c) July 2009, Red Sage Publishing
Liane Gentry Skye's website

Rating: 3 stars

Available in Red Sage Publishing (ebook).

The author blew me away with the complexity of her storyline, intertwining the fates of the humans with that of the machinations of the gods.

Trey, a demi-god time strider, was tasked to unite the pre-ordained human couples so that the evil minions could no longer tamper with the destiny that the gods had for them. For that, he should remain celibate, and finally, he was down to his last couple. If he should succeed, he would be granted full god status. The goddess Diadra, thwarted in her previous attempts to seduce Trey, colluded with an evil minion Malifor to bring down Trey, so that he would serve her forever as a sex slave.

Trey barely got away, but not without repercussions. In his last mission, he fell in love with Sage and broke his vows, and the result was something he'd never envisioned. I like that he's strong-willed and he has honor, and in the end, he fell only because he was also drugged by Diadra. Would he have fallen for Sage without the drug? Am not sure, but I sure hope so! Certainly, he was drawn to Sage and he desired her like he'd never desired any woman before, not even Diadra, the goddess of sensual arts.

Sage though has her own problems. She got the boy--now a man--she loved back from the war, but though his body is with her, he is not the same as he was damaged from his experiences on the battlefield. She would need Trey's help to save Russ, and in so doing, she would probably lose Trey forever. A strong woman who knew what she wanted and employed every skill she had to get it. Perhaps this strength was the reason Trey was so drawn to her. Certainly, the resulting menage between them, together with Russ, was scorchingly hot and moving, which makes the subsequent leavetaking all the more heartwrenching, especially on Trey's part, when I think of all that he'd given up for the woman he loved.

Fortunately, it doesn't end here! We have the conclusion to the series, Trinity, which also reunites our three beloved main characters together. I can't wait to read it, and as it happens, I didn't need to, for it's now out at Red Sage Publishing.

Note: This review copy is provided by the publisher.

10 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I like a man of honor :) And he sounds like a good one

Carol L. said...

I like this story. Trey sounds like a God and any man with loyalty and honor is my kind of man. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Nice review. Haven't heard of it before now but it sounds like something I may be interested in. Love the cover.


Stephanie G
Paranormal Haven

Jennifer Leeland said...

Red Sage publishing has been capturing my attention a lot. I haven't risked buying anything there yet, but I think I will.

jeanette8042 said...

Enjoyed your review, good insight on the book and rating.

Silver @ TRR said...

Thanks for your comments and for dropping by!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Thanks so much for your lovely review of my book. :) Trey's story is part of the Three Kinds of Wicked series, and he has twelve adventures in finding his way back to his one,true love. Your review made my day. No, make that my month! :)

Carly Carson said...

It is a great series. I've read several of the stories. But start with Liane's. (She does start the series.)

Unknown said...

Liane, thanks for dropping by! And thanks for the info on the series. We'll edit the post. :)

Mia Varano said...

As one of the authors of the Three Kinds of Wicked series with my story, Triple Threat, I invite you to sample all of Trey's time-traveling, scorching hot adventures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...