ISBN 978 14199 16113 (ebook)
ISBN 978 14199 58663 (Erotic Emerald anthology paperback)
Series: Gem Immortals, Book 1
Genre: Erotic Romance, Fantasy Romance
(c) May 2008, Ellora's Cave, Jasmine Jade Enterprises
"Great love story, hot sex scenes. Not to be missed!"
Esmeralda desperately needed the Life-Bringer, purported to be a magnificent emerald, to cure her sister of a lingering illness. For this, she travelled to seek Orin, the Emerald Immortal, said to be the keeper of the gem. She was willing to pay any price he asked for the chance to make her sister well again.
The story is very simple and I could almost predict the way the events would turn out. Well, from the moment Orin made his demands known, that is. This being an erotic romance, it was a no-brainer to guess what would ensue. However, I was pleasantly shocked at the twist toward the end. Did I mention that I love twists in my books?
Oh, did I also mention that it was hot? Scorching! Not only that, but I can empathize with Orin at the final scene wherein he agonizes about Esmeralda's return. Being lonely for so long (and I mean long, like a thousand years or more) and having Esmeralda for such a short time yet realizing just what she meant to him, his agony and tormented hope at this crucial stage in this life is in line with his character and experiences thus far.
Great love story, hot sex scenes. I love that there's a sequel (Pleasure Trap, which is now available), and I hope Ms. Blake will continue to write about this world. Looking forward to more Gem Immortal stories.
Perhaps Love can also be found in the Erotic Emerald anthology (print).
Reviewed by Shana
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Thanks to Madison, we have three print copies of the Erotic Emerald anthology for an international giveaway! She's also giving out two card decks that has all those luscious covers on the backs of the cards. The card decks are usually given out at book conferences, so if you win, you'll have one set without stepping foot outside your house! That's five prizes in total!
How to Enter:
1. Comment here or in the next posts (until July 12).
2. If you've nothing to say, check out Madison's website and tell her which among her books caught your eye and why. Or, if you've read her books before, which you love the most and why.
Note: If you don't comment here or in the posts from July 8 to 12, you aren't fulfilling the basic requirement, which means you aren't entered into Madison's contest.
Additional Chances to Win:
1. Each time you spread news of this contest earns you one point as well. Be sure to come back and give us the link of your tweet or announcement.
2. Follow us! Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, Good Reads. Each "follow" earns you one point. (Old followers are automatically entered.)
3. Join Madison's newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thelovechronicle . It's a low volume, bi-monthly (that's once in two months) mailing list.
Contest Duration: July 8 to 12 (up to 12 midnight EST)
Contest Announcement: July 13
Winners will be picked via Randomizer.org. Instructions will be given then on how to claim your prize, so be sure to come back and check because we won't hunt you down. If prizes are unclaimed after 3 days (by July 16), new winners will be chosen.